Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 7, 2012

One by One

I know, I know, I haven't posted in forever!
New years resolution: Post at least once a week.

Anyways, I thought I'd start off with a poem today.


One by one, the world is changing
Making a brighter place
The villain lurks in the corner
He knows how to escape
One by one the world grows stronger
As faster down the world falls
So I guess in the end
We'll still live
Happily never after, after all
In our fairly fair fairy tale world


I bet you're wondering how this poem came to my head. Well, I was thinking about all the problems of the world for a short story I was trying to write(I never wrote it, ok?). I started wondering what it would be like to live in a 'fairytale world', like in the stories. Then I realized something: All fairytales have villains that usually cause lasting damage to everyone. Have you ever read some Grimm fairytales?? Talk about dark. So I wrote this. It isn't my best work, but it's a good kickoff for the new year.

One by One, we can fix the world, even if it isn't fairy tale material yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment