Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 2, 2012

Judgmental much?

Two Sides to Every Story?
No, please don't comment
And tell me how strange I am
No, I don't want to hear
How weird my choice of music is
No, I try not to care
That you think I have a bad-if any- fashion sense
No, don't laugh
At the history of stupid mistakes I mistakenly make
No, don't make me cry
And tell me nobody will ever love me
No, please don't point
At my running mascara and reddened eyes
No, please, just go
Please, just leave me alone.

click here to read more!

A/N: I'm not sure if it was clearly portrayed, but there's a made-up story behind this poem. Wanted to make clear: this is NOT an experience I have ever had, but it is a realistic situation.
The first story can be found if you read all the words straight through. It is a story of a girl who is being bullied. Here it is, with absolutely no editing.
No, please don't comment
And tell me how strange I am
No, I don't want to hear
How weird my choice of music is
No, I try not to care
That you think I have a bad-if any- fashion sense
No, don't laugh
At the history of stupid mistakes I mistakenly make
No, don't make me cry
And tell me nobody will ever love me
No, please don't point
At my running mascara and reddened eyes
No, please, just go
Please, just leave me alone.
This was originally called Don't Judge Me, but I realized that I could pick out words too make a new story. This is about a girl who just wants her tormentors to stop harassing her. She tries to ignore it, but it doesn't seem to help...

Now, here is just the second story. It is about the bully, who feels pressured by his friends to pick on kids like the poor girl telling story 1.

No, don't tell me
I don't want to hear
How have a
history of stupid mistakes 
don't cry
nobody will ever love me
don't point
At running mascara and reddened eyes
just go
leave me alone.
This boy seems to be speaking to his peers who pressure him to be cruel, but also to his victims. This address to the people he has hurt can be found when he says Don't cry//nobody will ever love me, perhaps because of his history of bullying?
Anyways, I thought it was interesting, maybe you will like it too.


What did you think? Lave remarks below! <3 Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment